FP4. Add a Fingerprint
The power button of your Fairphone 4 is also a fingerprint sensor, and you can use it to unlock your phone without having to put your code all the time.
Add a fingerprint
To add a fingerprint to your Fairphone, go to:
- Settings → Security → Fingerprint (type your device PIN if requested).
- Tap on + Add fingerprint (tap on the Next button if this is the 1st fingerprint you add).
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure to move the position of your finger so that the sensor can scan different areas and angles of your fingertip.
- You must complete many successful scans to register the desired fingerprint properly. You will see the progress on the screen.
- Once finished, tap on the button Done.
You can add up to 5 fingerprints on your Fairphone.
If your Fairphone is having a hard time recognizing your fingertip, consult our article on how to troubleshoot your fingerprint sensor.
If after reading the article you need more help, get in touch with our Customer Support.