FP4. Add a Fingerprint
The power button of your Fairphone 4 is also a fingerprint sensor, and you can use it to unlock your phone without having to put your code all the time.
- IMPORTANT -
Fingerprints, like all biometric data, are saved only on your phone and are encrypted. Your biometric data will not reach Google, Fairphone, or any other 3rd parties companies.
To add a fingerprint to your Fairphone, go to:
- Settings → Security → Fingerprint (type your device PIN if requested)
- Tap on + Add fingerprint (tap on the Next button if this is the 1st fingerprint you add)
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure to move the position of your finger so that the sensor can scan different areas and angles of your fingertip.
- You must complete many successful swipes to register the desired fingerprint properly. You will see the progress on the screen.
- Once finished, tap on the button Done.
[VIDEO COMING SHORTLY]
You can add up to 5 fingerprints on your Fairphone.
If your Fairphone is having a hard time recognizing your fingertip, you can try registering a different finger or the same finger again at the moment that it doesn't work.
Doing so might help your fingerprint sensor work in various conditions (e.g., when your fingertip is humid).