FP. True Wireless Stereo (TWS) Earbuds
For easy listening pleasure, you can use our Fairphone True Wireless Stereo Earbuds with your Fairphone 4!
We make Fairphone TWS Earbuds using as many fair materials as we can, such as recycled plastics and fair gold added to the supply chain.
Here is how you use them.
The TWS Earbuds charge when you insert them into the charging case.
You can charge the case with any charging cable with a USB-C port, and the case will charge at 5V - 0.5A.
- Push the button on the bottom of the case to check the charge.
- The LED light indicator shows when the battery is fully charged and shows the battery's current charge status. For example: 4 LED lights indicate 100% charge, 2 LEDs are 50% charge, etcetera.
The batteries of both the case and earbuds are not replaceable. Yet.
You can connect the earbuds with your phone or any other device via Bluetooth. In general, the Fairphone TWS Earbuds are compatible with any device with Bluetooth using codecs AAC and SBC and Bluetooth protocol version 5.2 (Profiles A2DP, HFP, AVRCP), which means almost all of them!
The TWS Earbuds are compatible with Fairphone 4, Fairphone 3, Fairphone 3+, Fairphone 2, and Fairphone 1.
- Take the earbuds out of their case and put them in your ears.
- The earbuds will power on automatically.
- On your Fairphone 4, open the Bluetooth menu via Settings > Connected devices.
- The earbuds should automatically show up as Fairphone Earbuds.
- Tap Fairphone Earbuds to connect.
- You should hear a voice notification via the earbuds that say "Connected."
After pairing, you can take the earbuds out of their case, and they will automatically connect.
If you can not pair your earbuds, make sure they are not linked to another active device.
To clear the pairing records or reset your earbuds:
- Put both earbuds back into the charging case
- Keep the cover open
- Push and hold the button on the bottom side until the LED lights blink ten times.
You can adjust the volume of your audio via the connected source device. You can control all other controls of your earbuds via tapping on them when they are in your ears.
- One tap on either of the earbuds will answer an incoming call
- Double tapping will reject the call
- In a call? Double-tap to hang up.
- If you put the earbuds in your ear, the earbuds detect this, and the audio will start playing.
- Take one or both earbuds out to pause the audio.
- Another option is to double-tap on the left or right earbud to pause or play.
- Three taps on the left > Go back one track
- Three taps on the right > Jump to the next track
- Press and hold the left earbud for 2 seconds to activate the voice assistant
- Press and hold the right earbud for 2 seconds to switch to one of three different noise-canceling modes:
- Active noise-canceling (ANC activated) - ambient noise is canceled out.
- Transparency mode (Voice through) - keeps important sounds audible.
- Active noise-canceling off. (ANC off).
Good to know
We do not provide separate left- or fitting earbuds or a standalone case in loss or repair. We handle the TWS Earbuds as a complete unit.
If you need more help after reading this article, please get in touch with our Customer Support.