★ Android setup
Welcome to your Fairphone!
In our support pages, you can find many support articles and a troubleshooting guide to help you become acquainted with your new device. We also have tips & tricks for maintenance and efficient use and of course, fix issues.
Next to the repairable hardware, our distribution of the Android Operating System (OS) - Fairphone OS keeps things intuitive and simple, yet very customisable. We have included a minimum amount of apps, so you can choose yourself which downloadable applications fit your needs best.
New to Android™? Don’t worry, we’ll go through it with you, step by step.
Unboxing the phone
Your parcel arrived and the box is not damaged? Get your phone ready for use!
- Follow the Setup Wizard. Once you start up your brand new phone, the Setup Wizard will guide you through adding a Google account, connecting to a Wi-Fi network, installing your SIM card, activating your eSIM and more.
- Charge the battery. It might be that the battery depleted fully while it was travelling to you. So, in case your phone doesn’t start up right out of the box, allow the battery to charge for at least a few hours for initial setup with a compatible charger.
- Set up to your liking. In case you skip parts in the Wizard, you can always set these afterwards. Via the links below, you can find out how Android works and how to set things up to your liking one by one or per subject.
- General Android help. In case you are a beginning Android user and are new to its Google Services, it can be quite helpful to consult the Android Help center. However, we also have some dedicated support articles on migrating to Android - see the list below.
See our selection of articles per device model below. We have many more support articles to help you out. You can find them via the main support page, or check the relevant articles listed below.
- Charge your phone
- Migrate data from another phone
- Quick-Start guide
- Fairphone OS
- Set up SIM card
- Set up eSIM card (embedded SIM)
- Connect via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC
- Install a Micro SD card
- How to answer a call
- Managing your apps
In addition, we have a troubleshooting guide to help you 24/7 identifying and fixing the most common issues. Try it out!
If after reading the article you need more help, contact our Customer Support.