Connect to Wi-Fi
You can use Wi-Fi for a wireless connection with other devices and networks. This way, you can transfer data, such as listening to streaming music, making video calls, working online or sharing pictures.
If you're looking to set-up a Hotspot, so others can connect to your phone with Wi-Fi, hear over to this article.
How to connect
To set up a Wi-Fi connection on your Fairphone, open the Wi-Fi settings:
- From the bottom of the screen, swipe up for all apps.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Tap on Network & Internet.
- This step is slightly different depending on your software version:
- On Android 13, tap on Internet.
- On Android 12 or lower, tap on Wi-Fi.
- To enable Wi-Fi, tap on the toggle button located at the top left side of the screen. It should look like this:.
Now you can connect manually to your preferred Wi-Fi network. Or, when available, you can use a QR code.
- Choose your preferred network connection from the list. Tap on the network name to connect.
- If the network is password-protected, you will need to type the password in the pop-up. Tap on the Show password checkbox to make sure you're typing it correctly.
- Tap on the CONNECT text located in the lower right part of your screen.
If you receive the message Could not connect to Wi-Fi network, and then see the text Check password and try again, the password is wrong.
Try to type in the password one more time and pay special attention to symbols, upper- and lower-case letters.
If the issue persists, contact the network administrator to verify the password. If the password is correct, make sure no other action is needed (such as registering via a webpage).
Connect via QR code
- Scroll down to the end of the list of available Wi-Fi Networks.
- On the last line of the list, you will see + Add Network with a QR code icon next to it.
- Now tap on that QR code icon on the right side of the screen to open the QR code scanner.
- Scan the QR code of your Wi-Fi network of choice.
Connect via Shortcut
There is also a faster way to access the Wi-Fi settings:
- Swipe down twice from the top of the screen. You will open the pull-down Quick settings menu.
- Press and hold the Internet or Wi-Fi icon.
Issues with the connection
If you're experiencing issues connecting to Wi-Fi, there are many things you can do to fix the connection yourself. You can find our guide on troubleshooting your Wi-Fi connection here.
If after reading the article you need more help, contact our Customer Support.