Troubleshoot a Connection with a Computer
If you are having issues connecting your Fairphone to a computer, please make sure to read the article Connect to a computer. There you'll find instructions on how to connect your Fairphone to your computer.
If you are still having issues after going through the article, please proceed with the next steps.
Make sure that your phone is up to date.
If you are not running the latest software, or you are not sure, update your Fairphone to the latest Fairphone OS.
For the computer you're trying to connect to, check the manufacturer/OS's website or contact their customer support.
The phone is not visible
If you cannot find your Fairphone listed under the devices connected to your computer:
- Open the pull-down menu on your phone (on the home page, drag down a finger from the top bezel).
- Tap the message that says Android System • Charging this device via USB. If the notification bar is not showing, go into the Silent notifications bar from the pull-down menu.
- Tap again for more options.
- Select File Transfer or, if is not supported, choose PTP (Photo Transfer).
The files are not visible
If when you try to copy your data from the phone to a computer via USB, and you already selected File Transfer, but some (or all) of your files are not visible:
- Go to Settings → Apps → See all [number] apps.
- Alternatively, go to Settings → Apps & Notifications → App info.
- Tap on the three dots menu in the upper-right corner → Show system.
- Tap on the search icon next to the three dots and type in "External storage".
- Select the app.
- In the menu that opens, tap Storage & cache.
- In the menu that opens, tap Clear Storage.
- Reboot the device.
You should now be able to see the data on your phone.
If after reading the article you need more help, contact our Customer Support.