Connect to Mobile Data
Usually, your Mobile data connection will work as soon as you insert your SIM card. All of our phones have Dual-SIM functionality:
- The Fairphone 4 has one physical nano-SIM card slot, and it supports up to one active eSIM card at a time. It supports 5G connection, as well as all previous generations on both SIM slots. Both slots can be connected with 4G/5G at the same time, with VoLTE enabled.
- The Fairphone 3(+) has 2 physical nano-SIM card slots. It supports 4G (LTE) connection, as well as all previous generations on both SIM slots. Both slots can be connected with 4G at the same time, but only SIM1 supports VoLTE.
- The Fairphone 2 has 2 physical micro-SIM card slots. It supports 4G (LTE) connection on SIM1 slot, as well as all previous generations on both SIM slots. There's no support for VoLTE.
Fo more information about the network capabilities of our phones, visit our Global network coverage article.
- A SIM card (or eSIM) with data credit or a valid contract with a data plan.
- You are in an area that has 5G, 4G, or 3G network coverage.
- The SIM card is in good condition.
- Your Fairphone connects to the right network for your provider.
- Mobile data is turned on.
- To use Mobile data in Roaming, you must enable an additional setting.
Enable Mobile data
There are two ways to enable the Mobile data.
- Go to Settings → Network & Internet → Mobile network.
- Tap on the name of your provider/SIM card.
- Tap on Mobile data to enable it.
- Additionally, you can tap on Roaming to enable Mobile data when roaming.
Via Quick Settings
You can use the Quick settings menu to enable or disable your Mobile data. However, you can't enable or disable Roaming Mobile data from here.
- Swipe down, twice, with a finger from the top of the screen. You will open the pull-down Quick settings menu.
- Locate the Mobile data icon (it shows two arrows ↑↓) and tap to enable it. The Quick settings menu might have several pages, swipe sideways to see more icons.
Issues with the connection
If you experience issues connecting to Mobile data, there are many things you can do to fix the connection yourself. You can find our guide on troubleshooting your Mobile data here.
If after reading the article you need more help, contact our Customer Support.