Update to the Latest Fairphone OS
The latest Fairphone OS versions for your Fairphone, available for the open market are as follows:
|Phone||Build number||Release date||Based on||Release notes|
|Fairphone 4||FP4.SP28.B.065||May 8, 2023||Android 12||Click here|
|Fairphone 3(+)||8901.4.A.0022.0||April 17, 2023||Android 11||Click here|
|Fairphone 2||23.02.0-rel.0||March 7, 2023||Android 10||Click here|
We will release the last software update for the Fairphone 2 in March 2023. This means that the phone will no longer get security updates. Once the security update expires (some time in May 2023) some apps will stop working and we don't recommend connecting the phone to the Internet.
Some custom ROMs might still continue to provide updates with new security patches after our official support has ended. We recommend checking out /e/OS or LineageOS.
We recommend running your Fairphone with the latest version of Fairphone OS. The updates include security fixes and improvements. Some carriers might have access to other software versions due to specific network optimizations.
When connected to the internet (via Wi-Fi or Mobile data network), your Fairphone will check daily for updates. If you do not yet see a notification about the last update, follow the instructions below to check your current version.
Your processor performs many operations during an update, so it is normal if your device becomes warm during the procedure. As updating also requires lots of power, to avoid malfunctioning, we recommend plugging your Fairphone into a power socket during the update or having at least an 80% battery charge.
Check your version
To view which version your phone is running, go to Settings → (scroll down) About phone → (scroll down) Build number.
Here it will state the software version. To find out if you have installed the latest, check the release notes linked above.
Update your Fairphone
To successfully update your device, we recommend the following before you start updating:
- Create a backup of all your data to keep them safe.
- Charge your battery at least 80%.
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Reboot your phone before starting.
Now you are ready to update your device.
- Go to Settings → (scroll down) System → Advanced → System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If it appears, push the Update button.
Update Fairphone 2
We only offer Android 10 to devices that run version 1.50.5 of the Fairphone Updater app. So make sure your Updater app is updated!
- Open the Play Store app.
- Swipe from the left of the screen to reach the menu.
- Go to My apps & games and tap the Update all button.
- Once the Updater app is updated, it will check daily for updates when connected to the Internet.
- You'll know there's an update by either:
- Receiving a notification when an update is available. Tapping on the notification will open the Updater app.
- Opening the Updater app and seeing the Update is available text.
- Tap on the button INSTALL UPDATE.
The update did not work. What should I do?
The Fairphone is frozen or does not react
If the screen does not react anymore, reboot your device manually.
To do so, press the power button for 15 seconds or remove the battery for 5 seconds, then put it back.
Once done, try to install the software update again.
The Fairphone screen stays black / does not boot anymore
- Make sure the battery of the device is not empty: use the correct charger.
- Turn off the phone.
- If it does not respond, take the battery out for 5 seconds, then put it back.
- Plug the charger in and wait a few seconds for the device to boot in charging mode (when the charging animation is displayed).
If the device does not charge at all, contact our Customer Support.
The Fairphone reboots after the update and gets stuck at "Optimizing apps"
- Reboot the device in Safe mode.
- Go to Settings → System → Advanced → System update and retry.
The Fairphone is in a boot loop / continuously restarts
Try to perform a Factory reset.
Still not able to update?
You might try doing so using a computer. Follow the article Install Fairphone OS offline.
If after reading the article you need more help, contact our Customer Support.