How much tax is applied to Fairphone products?
We sell Fairphone products throughout Europe, so different tax rates are applicable. The prices of our products are a flat rate, so the price including VAT is the same for all EU countries.
You can see the VAT applicable for your country on the order confirmation you receive by mail.
- All charges are gross prices and include the current rate VAT depending on the country of your purchase.
- Shipping and other charges, such as import taxes will depend on the value of your order and the country to which the product is being shipped.
- Any customs duties or tariffs that may be imposed on the deliveries when entering your country, are to be paid by you.
There are two exceptions: Switzerland and Norway. When a shipping address is in one of these non-EU countries, VAT is not added.
Local (import) taxes may apply though, so consult your local customs office and this UPS page.
Also take in account that shipping agencies also require administrative costs for importing from EU countries. They will be higher if you opt for fast delivery.
- Our services have a tax at the Dutch rate of 21 VAT%, because we are a Dutch company
- Different payment and shipping costs will determine the final price of your order when you check out in the webshop.
- Please read more on additional customs duties and taxes on this UPS page.