How much tax is Applied to Fairphone Products?
We sell Fairphone products throughout Europe, so different tax rates are applicable. The prices of our products are a flat rate, so the price including VAT is the same for all EU countries.
You can see the VAT applicable for your country on the order confirmation you receive by mail.
- All charges are gross prices and include the current rate VAT depending on the country of your purchase.
- Shipping and other charges, such as import taxes will depend on the value of your order and the country to which the product is being shipped.
- Any customs duties or tariffs that may be imposed on the deliveries when entering your country, are to be paid by you. However, this should not happen since these costs are now included in the price of the items and the shipping fee.
There are three exceptions: Switzerland, Norway, and the UK. When a shipping address is in one of these non-EU countries, the local VAT, customs costs, and additional administrative costs are now included in the prices of the items and the shipping charges.
- Our services have a tax at the Dutch rate of 21 VAT%, because we are a Dutch company
- Different payment and shipping costs will determine the final price of your order when you check out in our online shop.
- The administrative costs and customs tax are not a flat rate and are is based on your situation. It differs per country and depends on the items in your order. If you want to know more about your situation:
- Norwegian customs have a handy customs calculator (which do not calculate UPS administrative costs for importing)
- The Swiss Federal Council has more info about this subject on their website.
- Please read more on additional customs duties and taxes on the UPS website for your country.