Which types of payment do you accept?
All current payment transactions are handled via our payment partner Adyen. (Orders before August 2019 were done via Buckaroo Online Payment Services)
The transaction statement on your bank transaction overview will always mention our payment partner Adyen, not always Fairphone B.V.
If you did not receive an order placement confirmation and/or a payment confirmation and they are not in your spam folder - something went wrong:
- Your order was not placed
- Your credit card payment did not succeed
- Your bank transfer did not succeed.
Currently, it is not possible to pay in instalments. Via our resellers, it is possible to purchase devices on contract.
We accept the following forms of payment:
International payment service with a credit card. Debit cards are not accepted.
We accept Carte Bancaire for France and VisaDankort for Denmark.
For all countries we ship to, we accept American Express, Diners, Discover, JCB, Maestro, Mastercard and Visa.
Payment fee is 1,2%.
If you encounter issues with your credit card payment, please consult this support article.
You will receive an email from Fairphone with specific payment instructions within an hour after placing the order. That email will state the national or international IBAN and BIC numbers that you can use for your transaction. Make sure to include the correct payment reference in the transfer so we can link your payment to your order.
If the e-mail does not arrive:
- Check your spam folder
- If you still can't find it, consult this article on troubleshooting your bank transfer issue
- When this doesn't solve the issue, contact our support team.
If your bank transfer didn't arrive within 5 working days, check your bank account first:
- You can find the IBAN and BIC numbers that you used for your transaction in the payment details of your bank account overview. Check if they are the same as the IBAN and BIC number in the payment instruction mail
- If it does not state the IBAN or BIC, use the transaction id when you contact your bank or payment platform to find out.
- If the IBAN and BIC are correct, more than 5 working days have passed and you have read our troubleshooting article, contact our support team.
Payments made by bank transfer can take up to 5 days to process. Additional bank charges may apply for international bank transfers. For customers from Switzerland, please make sure to use an IBAN transfer and not a SWIFT transfer.
We offer local bank transfers for the following countries:
- Available soon: Poland
- Available soon: Switzerland
- Available soon: United Kingdom.
We offer international bank transfers for the following countries:
- San Marino
You can transfer payments from your PayPal account, directly or via your credit card (MasterCard, Visa) or a debit card. If you're not a frequent PayPal user, you may be able to make credit card payments as a guest up to 7 times, so without creating an account.
If you have any issues paying through PayPal, please contact the PayPal customer service.
Payment fee is 1.7%.
You can transfer payments directly from your bank account via these (inter)national payment services.
- Bancontact (Belgium)
- iDeal (Netherlands)
- Giropay (Germany)
- Klarna Sofortüberweisung (Austria, Belgium, Germany, and Switzerland)
- UnionPay (ExpressPay/SecurePlus)(all countries we ship to except the UK)
- Bank Payment (Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania)
- Available soon: Dotpay (Portugal)
- Available soon: Entercash (Czechia, Estonia, FInland, Latvia, Lithuania, Sweden).
Payment fee is 1,2%.
iDeal is free of charge.